The RainTech® range of commercial rainwater harvesting systems starts with the twin pump “RainTech® Direct” system. It offers a duty standby/assist pumping arrangement. Pumps are sized based on the demand and pumping distance and will be supplied as fixed or variable speed depending on the usage. This commercial direct feed system comes as standard with an alarm output for a BMS system but can include full system monitoring should you request.
- Twin pump direct feed system
- Easy maintenance (filter is accessible from ground level)
- BS8515 compliant (tank is fitted with an anti backflow and rodent guard)
- Duty standby/assist (DSA)
- Oxygen adding filtration due to WIsy Vortex:
- Advanced Wisy Vortex filtration removing debris without allowing it to degrade on a horizontal filter mesh
- Pre-tank Filtration to 0.28mm
- Floating suction set with 0.3mm mesh filter
- Flexible system design
- Variable speed pump options
- BMS alarm output options
- Full system monitoring options available
- System commissioning included
The Raintech® Direct offers a “duty standby/assist” pumping arrangement. Pumps are sized based on the demand and pumping distance required, they can be supplied as fixed or variable speed depending on the usage and prefernce. The Raintech® Direct comes as standard with an alarm output for a BMS system or a visual beacon. However, it can include full system monitoring should you request, for a full list of options for this system please view the “optional features” tab.
Dual stainless steel submersible pumps are always included in the RainTech® Direct system. They are set to operate on a duty/standby-assist arrangement. Therefore, one pump acts as the main operating pump, the back up pump is configured to assist the main pump should the demand require. In the event of a fault with the main pump, the second pump is there as back up. This is controlled by our unique pressure switch control panel with adjustable start/stop pressures for each pump, allowing the system to be used in a wide variety of applications.
Professional Mains Water Back Up
In any direct system, the mains water back up is to the main rainwater tank. Flow to the tank should match the demand to ensure the pump cannot run dry. Our professional mains water back up with industrial specification solenoid valve and protective mesh inlet ensures trouble free operation and continuous supply of water to the property.
The 0.28mm (280 micron) fine filtration provided by the WISY VORTEX filter protects the tank from any debris and offers additional benefits such as increased oxygen for clearer water, and easy safe cleaning. This prevents any debris getting into the tank and breaking down in the water. The Wisy Vortex filter is unique in its operation and with its patented design, is unrivalled in terms of quality.
UK made tanks manufactured to BS 4994 from high grade GRP; 100% glass fibre / resin mix with no fillers. These tanks are manufactured to our own specification to comply fully with BS 8515. This includes our unique Multisiphon overflow trap with built-in backflow protection.
Note: It is a requirement of the British Standard for rainwater harvesting that all rainwater tanks are protected against backflow. Most tanks are supplied without this feature, so it has to be added by the installer downstream of the tank itself. Our RainTech® tanks are always fitted with backflow protection.
|Tank (Litres)||Length (mm)||Diameter (mm)|
The RainTech Direct system is capable of a number of additional features as below:
- UV Sterilisation (including pre-UV particulate filters)
- Full system monitoring via touch screen display or web interface.
- Soft start pumps
- Variable speed pumps
- Monitoring capabilities:
- Rainwater tank water level
- Rainwater usage (via pulsed water metre)
- Mains Water consumption (via pulsed water metre)
- UV Lap status
- Multi Alarm output to BMS or control panel
- Pump Failure alarm
- Excess run time for pump or mains
- Rainwater tank dry
- UV lamp strength alarm
- Web Interface
- Soft Start pump
- Low profile rainwater filter
- Jet spray cleaning facility for rainwater filter
- Automation of jet cleaning